By Evella Kange - FA President - On behalf of FECA Minnesota
Dear Fako Family and All,
On behalf of FECA Minnesota, I thank you all who attended Minnesota 2006. Thank you for coming to Minnesota and making it what it turned out to be. Without you, there would have been no convention, no cultural evening. It was great to see the very may faces and the display of our rich culture. There is much more we can do and we hope Atlanta 2007 will build on that. Our culture is rich and we have a duty to promote and preserve it.
There are many people to thank for making Minnesota 2006 successful:
- We want to thank Mola Moki and his out going team for believing in us. We said we could do it and you believed in us. We thank you Mola Moki.
- We want to especially thank Iya Ewune Mukoko for her efforts in bringing the cultural artifacts that highlighted the Cultural evening. Iya Ewune, we thank you.
- We want to thank Mola Chief Inoni for his financial contributions to FECA Minnesota and FAKO America. Those contributions are valuable and are going to go a long way in achieving some of our objectives (the subject of another mail).
- We want to thank Mola Mbua Ndoko for his contributions to preserving our culture – the focus of Minnesota 2006. Even though you were not physically present, your contributions to a cause directed and guided the convention. We thank you.
- We want to thank Mola Mbella Moki, Mayor of Buea, for his financial and material contributions to FECA Minnesota and Fako America. Mola Lord Mayor, we thank you.
- We want to thank Mola Njoh Litumbe and our many parents who were present. Your presence was especially noted (we have not listed all your names for fear of missing on some).
We are also grateful to the many friends of FECA Minnesota whose contributions helped reduce the stress that goes with planning a convention. We are very thankful and appreciative of your hard work.
Many more individuals helped. We have not forgotten you.
We thank you all
Evella Kange, FA President
On behalf of FECA Minnesota